All of your Expat needs under one roof.

The expat centre

Where you can feel confident that you will get trustworthy advice and service. NIEs, Padrons, Residencias, Motoring, Funeral Plans, Insurances, Home Care, Currency Transfers and so much more.

need help.. call us!

Why you should change your green residency card to a TIE.


In June 2020 the Spanish authorities introduced a new residency document for UK residents. Making the switch to the new TIE has several advantages:

- It is a biometric card that acts as an ID and a residency document

- It shows clearly that you are under the scope of the Withdrawal Agreement

- It is made of plastic, and therefore it is more durable than your old paper-made green EU Residence Certificate

- It is accepted by all the administrative bodies in Spain

Since the end of the transition period (31 December 2020), UK nationals around Spain have been facing issues with several bureaucratic procedures involving their residency documents. This is because some administrative bodies stopped recognizing the EU Residence Certificates (green residency document) as valid residency documents, and are requesting UK nationals to perform the exchange for the TIE.

In particular, the Employment Office (Oficina de Empleo) has announced that any UK national with the old EU Resident Certificate should request the exchange for the new TIE by the end of 2021, as they will only recognize the biometric document from 1 January 2022 onwards. This affects all UK nationals who are employed, on ERTE, or receiving an unemployment benefit and haven’t yet performed the exchange of their green residency document for the new TIE. We are also aware that on some occasions EU Residence certificates are not being recognized by the police as valid residency documents for UK nationals when entering Spain, causing their passports to be stamped.

While the exchange of the EU Residence Certificate is not explicitly mandatory, we strongly advise UK nationals still holding one to do the exchange for the TIE. If you want to know more about how to exchange your green residency document for the TIE,

  • Residency/Padron/NIE’s

  • Wills, Probate & Inheritance Tax

  • Tax Advice - Personal and business

  • Health Insurance

Our Services

Please take a look at some of our services.


Whether from the UK or here in Spain we can help with all immigration issues.

Legal Services

We can advise and help with all legal problems you may be having.


Setting up bank accounts, bank visits. All your banking needs.


We will find your perfect property and handle all the paperwork to get in.

Health Care

We have competitive health care plans we can offer from the best companies


We will file your tax returns, register you with the Spain tax system. 

Life & Death

We offer a will service and can arrange various funeral plans giving you peace of mind.

Motoring and Insurances

Cost effective insurance policies.